Our Potato of the Month for June is a classic. Nicola is a reliable variety that was the first salad potato we produced and one that we have grown ever since due to its popularity with customers and staff alike. With a firm, waxy flesh and sweet flavour you really can’t go wrong with this staple. For our recipe this month we’ve kept it simple, letting the potato speak for itself. Cooked in its purest form by boiling there’s nowhere to hide, the dressing is just a side show (as will the rest of your meal be when served alongside this potato salad). As with many potato salads this is great eaten immediately but even better served the next day making this a great dish to prepare in advance.
You can find this variety half price throughout June 2022 on our website, at our Honesty Stall in Tenterden, when you visit Steve at his London Farmer’s Markets and at selected Farm Shops in Kent and East Sussex (keep an eye peeled on our Instagram page for more details about where). We also have our frozen Wild Garlic Pesto available to collect from our Honesty Stall during office hours (Mon-Sat, 9am-3pm and Sun 11am-4pm) – if you are interested in ordering this for home delivery please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simple Nicola Potato Salad
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
*can be substituted for:
1 lemon, juiced
3tbsp Morghew Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
Handful of chopped Parsley
- Wash the potatoes and boil in salted water whole, with their skins on, until tender (approximately 15 minutes).
- Set aside and remove the skins once cool enough to handle.
- Leave to cool and once completely cold cut into 1cm thick rounds and place in a large serving bowl.
- If using the wild garlic pesto first mix in a small bowl with the rapeseed oil to dilute it a little before stirring the dressing through the potatoes.
- *If using the parsley alternative whisk the rapeseed oil and lemon together in a small bowl before adding the parsley and stirring the mix through the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are coated drain the tuna and add to the bowl, stirring further to evenly distribute.
- Serve immediately or prepare the day before for an even tastier treat.
Thank you to Stefi and her love of Nicola for sharing this recipe (and making this for us for lunch last week!).