Somehow it’s November already and we’re definitely feeling the changing seasons at The Potato Shop as autumn begins to make way for winter. Usually at this time of year we’re looking towards warming comfort food (such as casseroles, jacket potatoes and roast dinners) but I’ve gone for a slightly lighter recipe this month, a simple sausage and potato salad. Colourful, full of nutrients and with just enough of that comfort factor to keep you happy on these colder days.
This recipe has been made in conjunction with Korker Sausages Ltd., a local sausage manufacturer here in Kent that has been in the business for over 50 years and knows a thing or two about how to make delicious sausages! Find more details about them here: www.korker-sausages.co.uk
Sausage and Potato salad
500g La Ratte potatoes
8 Korkers sausages
4 sweet mini peppers
150g baby plum tomatoes
100g baby spinach leaves
1tsp wholegrain mustard
1tbsp Morghew rapeseed oil
Salt to taste
- Cook the sausages in a preheated oven at 200°C (180°C fan, Gas Mark 4) for 30 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Whilst these are cooking wash the baby spinach leaves, cut the peppers into small pieces and halve the tomatoes. Set this all aside for assembly at the end.
- Slice the potatoes into rounds about 1cm thick and boil in slightly salted water for 7-10 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Remove the sausages from the oven and once cool enough to handle cut into thick chunks. Place in a frying pan with one of the cut ends facing down and gently brown off the edges. Turn over and repeat for the other end.
- Place the sausage chunks and potatoes in a bowl and add the mustard and rapeseed oil, mix well to coat evenly.
- Arrange the baby spinach leaves in a serving bowl and sprinkle most of the peppers and tomatoes over the top, saving some back. Add the sausage and potato mix on top and use the remaining peppers and tomatoes to garnish.
- Serve warm or cold, and enjoy!